Traveling Food Pantry
“NOURISHMENT IS JUSTICE”
Our Farm Queen Nyema, Director of Nurturing Roots introduced TSTF to Sophia of Farmer Frog in the summer of 2020. We’ve worked closely together to provide food in the gaps of our hard-to-reach communities across King County. The Silent Task Force has partnered with RIZP/Skyway Food Pantry to ensure we can continue to we serve hundreds of folks weekly in the Skyway community. TSTF believes in putting the B back in IPOC by building relationships in black and brown communities across King County to help provide food and basic needs support.
Coordinating pick-up of produce and other food items from local farms, co-ops, and farmers.
– Coordinating deliveries and managing safe and equitable distribution to displaced brown/black communities at cultural gathering places across South King County.
– We have delivered over 7 tons of food since we started in May and are still going strong.
– Our researchers are a part of food distribution in the communities that they live in.
– We are all applying the connections and networks that we collectively share to serve the needs of black/brown individuals and families.
– We have created a survey that helps us to understand the specific needs of our constituents and to collect the data that will benefit and better illustrate the needs of our people.
The Silent Task Force Traveling Food Pantry
FOOD as MEDICINE PROGRAM 2022 SCHEDULE Traveling Food Pantry
Our faith-based organization partners delivery to their local communities and many other faith-based organizations.
Please click organization names to visit their website or call them at the numbers below to find out more.
Urban Food Systems Pact
The Urban Food Systems Pact (UFSP) is a Black- and women-led collective of Community Members, Faith-Based Leaders, Black and Brown Farmers, Community Based Organizations, and the Renton School District that is hosted by the Skyway Envision Center.
Common Agenda – We have come together around shared goals for an equitable and just food system.
Shared Measurement – We are identifying metrics to help us measure progress toward our goals.
Mutually Reinforcing Activities – We are a network of organizations and individuals taking mutually reinforcing actions to support our common agenda.
Continuous Communication – We are committed to ongoing, transparent communication across our partnership.
Backbone Organizations – Our collective impact is supported by the “backbone” of our Core Team.